Monday, February 19, 2018

Fear


Lately, I have been praying that God will place someone in my life each day that I can reach out and help. This comes easy to me when I see someone in a wheelchair struggling to get into their car, or an obviously homeless person that is in need of a jacket; but, when a stranger approaches me dressed as I am, looking “normal”, I find myself doubtful, questioning, and even fearful. What do they truly want from me? Are there good intentions or bad? And as the fear kicks in, I run. But, what if I, rather than ran, prayed? What if I stood my ground and listened for God’s voice? Yes, we must be watchful of the unknown, but without confidence and faith in God, we can never learn the truth. In striving to seek the truth, let us pray for the safety and protection of our Lord, and, in the prompting of the Holy Spirit, we can choose the proper response.

"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' - Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment