Thursday, May 4, 2017

May 4, 2017 – Climb  


Sometimes life feels like a video game. You get stuck on one level, realizing there must be some button to push or some power to call for aid. Then you reach for the rules and, although still challenging, the game becomes easier. As Christians, our rules of life – the game – come from the scriptures and traditions of the church. These lead us to prayers – the buttons – and the stories of the angels, saints, Jesus Our Savior, and the Great I Am – you guessed it, the powers. But one thing we should all remember is that our loving and merciful Creator would not have given us this game to play were there not a way to climb up. He has gifted us with the means. It is up to us to reach out for aid.

 


I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.… -  Psalm 121:1,2

No comments:

Post a Comment