Friday, July 19, 2013

July 19, 2013 - Spirituality



Merriam webster describes #spirituality for the lay person as "sensitivity or attachment to religious values". This is curious to me as, although I truly love my #religion and feel I grow closer to and stronger in Christ because of it, I never felt that this was my spirituality. Perhaps I misinterpret the definition. I personally feel the most spirtual whenever, whether in a religious setting or outside a religious setting, I feel the power of God's presence in my life. Many times people get so wrapped up in the concept of religion that they put their spirituality on hold. They feel they can only be close to God while in church. Yet God manifests Himself in all things. Whenever we call on Him and ask Him to dwell within ourselves and in each moment, we are united with His #Spirit. Our religion is our means of strengthening this bond and giving us power to take our relationship with our Lord wherever we go. Religion is necessary, but it is only a beginning. Whether we are worshiping in church, driving down the highway, braiding our daughter's hair, or working in the food bank, it is up to us to call on God and make Him a part of that moment. The Holy Spirit is ready and waiting to bring us into full spirituality. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.


For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and #peace. - Romans 8:6

No comments:

Post a Comment