Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday, February 28, 2013 -- Memories

When I was a little girl, my mom would greet me with a special treat on cold, chilly mornings. Draped across her arms, fresh from the dryer, would be the clothes I would be wearing for the day. My memories of slipping under the covers to put on the warm, toasty clothes makes me smile just as much as the actual mornings. The memories we make as we journey through each moment of our lives form our faith and mold our reactions. There will be times in our lives when our experiences will give birth to unpleasant memories rather than the good. Yet, even in pain our memories are still necessary to bring us closer in our walk with our Lord. It is in remembering that we learn compassion, increase our hope, and ease our own suffering. I pray that today brings good memories your way and that in each moment you will find praise for the omnipotence and wisdom of our Mighty God and Father.

I shall remember the deeds of the Lord; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. - Psalm 77:11 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment