Monday, October 30, 2017

Stress-Free


My life is full. So full, in fact, that you may have noticed a diminished amount of blogging on my part. On my last trip to Los Angeles, I picked up a pocket book from a store kiosk, mainly because of the cute lounge chairs overlooking a beach on the front cover. As I had just left that setting, I was already wishing to be back. The book turned out to be a book on managing stress: Divine intervention, most likely. I never have been one for self-help books. I believe the Bible, with its full wisdom of Holy Scripture, holds these answers. Yet the book was a very easy read and I found it fun. AND, the sidebars throughout the author’s commentaries held, of all things, SCRIPTURE! So, with this newfound piece of literature, I have decided to share this doctor’s wisdom with you. You may want your own copy: Six Steps to Reduce Stress, Gregory L. Jantz, Phd with Ann McMurray. Our lives will never be stress-free, but with the Grace of our Lord, we can live in joy and peace.



Dr. Jantz’s thought for today: 

In times of stress, turn to God for comfort.

As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands. – Psalm 119:143, NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment