Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Fallen


I should have pulled it the moment I saw it, but, I let it stay because I thought it pretty. I call it my fallen angel. The flower is tiny, no larger than the tip of my nail. I did not plant it. It was a volunteer, settling itself among the grass in my lawn. Now my lawn is in danger of losing all grass. The beautiful plant has proven to be extremely invasive. I’ve never seen anything multiply as fast. And it not only grows within the grass, but chokes it out completely, leaving only barren soil when the weed is pulled. There are many things in our lives that present themselves as beauty, only to show their true light after they have taken root and invaded our lives. Activities that look appealing and fun on the surface can end up ruining our lives as we know it. And, when recognized for what they are, they are so hard to pull out, leaving large holes in their wake. Yet God is a master gardener. He planted His vineyard with purpose. Turn to Him and let Him pull the weeds from your life. The holes may feel large when He does, but He will turn that soil into soft and supple ground; once again, open for the goodness He can give.

In that day the Branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth will be the pride and the adornment of the survivors of Israel. – Isaiah 4:2

No comments:

Post a Comment