Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Desert

Maneuvering through the desert is harsh on the body, mind, and soul. The terrain feels unending. The sun and heat can be brutal. Native predators lurk near your heals. Even though the temperatures push above 100 degrees, I cover myself with long sleeves, hat, and boots. And . . . what a feeling I get when I step into a shelter; when I can safely pull those layers off and feel the refreshing wind blow across me. Imagine that feeling when you can unveil all of you before God. That moment when you remove all the layers of doubt, pretense, and fear and let His Holy Spirit pour through your soul. Come out of the desert and safely rest in His love and hope.


Behold, you desire true sincerity;
and secretly you teach me wisdom. - Psalm 51:8

No comments:

Post a Comment