Friday, June 9, 2017

June 9, 2017 – Fail


I had an epic gardening fail. I planted sun flowers in the shade. I thought I was being brilliant. I speculated the orbit of the earth around the sun and just knew that, when the plants came up in the summer, the earth would be in the perfect place to have the sun shine right where I planted.  The fail: trees produce leaves in the summer. So, I toil to help these plants receive nourishment in other ways; but nothing is as good as the sun’s vitamin D. I will most likely end up cutting them all back and replanting them to another spot.  How often do I, a child of God, forget that I must walk in His Light? Thinking I can do things on my own, my life becomes weak and frail. I find myself spending extra time trying to make things right. There are even those moments when life cuts me back and sets me in a different place than expected. Yet, when I walk God’s Light, I find the strength and endurance to find success wherever I am planted. 

So I answered them and said to them, "The God of heaven will give us success; therefore we His servants will arise and build. – Nehemiah 2:20a

No comments:

Post a Comment