Friday, June 16, 2017

June 16, 2017 – Climb


My house sits on a hill. Going anywhere, I travel downhill; to return, up. There are days that my morning walk or bike ride takes more out of me than expected. Becoming sidetracked by the scenery or losing track of time takes an extra toll on me. On these days, the hill back home is a challenge. When I’m walking, I have to stop, stretch and rest before I can go further. On my bike, the best method is to turn around and start from a smaller hill to be able to gain momentum. Simply coasting along is not an option. A focused, determined effort makes that final climb home. Life is filled with hills. Given each moment, we may be coasting or climbing. And when the climb becomes more than we can handle, we must stop; “stretch” through prayer, and rest in God’s mercy. There are times we may even have to go back a few paces in order to move forward; but, with our focus on God, the climb will bring us home.



Then the LORD said to Moses, "Climb up this mountain of Abraham, and see the land which I have given to the sons of Israel. When you have seen it, you too will be gathered to your people, as Aaron your brother was;… - Numbers 27:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment