Sunday, May 7, 2017

May 7, 2017 - Letting Go

 
One of the hardest things I have experienced as a parent is letting a child go: to Kindergarten, their first walk to the neighbor’s without me, their prom, and college and beyond. I have spent so many moments cleaning smudges from their faces, knees, and hearts; patching bruises and cuts with bandages and kisses; it is solely in faith that I can send them forward to the life God has prepared for them. It would be wrong to hold them back. Neither of us could grow. And, although it feels we are in this alone, we are told that our angel always looks at the face of God. Do you see? An even superior truth is here: If our angel never leaves our side, yet is always looking at the face of God, our angel sees God within us. What better source of strength and hope could we ever ask for?

See that you despise not one of these little ones: for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 18:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment