Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15, 2017 – Simplicity


Years ago, our apartment buildings caught fire. We quickly grabbed what we could carry and made our escape. Luckily, our unit was unharmed and we were able to return with everything intact. We stood looking at the meager items we had saved. In our haste we had put value to our existence and defined life in an instant. Our basic needs took precedence over the frivolous as we clutched the priceless gift of memories: our oldest clothes were on our backs and we held an antique jewelry box and photo albums. When the time comes to stand before Jesus, what will we carry? I pray that the memories I leave for my children, and the generations to come, glorifies the goodness of God.

Everything is permissible for me - but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me - but I will not be mastered by anything. - 1 Corinthians 6:12

No comments:

Post a Comment