Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8, 2014 - Calling

Many times in my life, I have watched a stranger struggle with some issue.  These moments range from something as simple as someone digging for change in her purse for a vending machine to the homeless sleeping on a city corner with only a thin coat for cover.  When I can, I stop and help. My girls lovingly call it my "save the world attitude".

Yet, sometimes it is too dangerous be that helpful person. If I am witness to a wreck on a 5 lane freeway at 60 miles an hour, the greatest help I can provide is simply to get out of the way and call for help.  Even without a phone in my pocket, my role can be to lift my voice to God and call for His intercession to help these people.

This I know: God is in control of every detail of every moment. He has already provided each need for every situation on earth. It is up to us to recognize where we are called within these moments and be ready to do the part He has set aside for us. Walk closely your Lord and be open to His call. You will be amazed what He can do through a willing and disciplined heart.


Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” - Matthew 9:37-38

No comments:

Post a Comment