Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20 - Dust

Corners collect. Each time I dust my home, I have to spend more time on the corners of all of my walls, furniture and fixtures. If I truly want the house to sparkle, I have a nice box of Cutips in case I get industrious. Typically, my box of Cutips stays full.

stairwell of Pan Pacific, Marina Bay, SingaporeMany times, we face our personal corners in the same way. We've allowed the dust to settle around us, finding comfort in familiarity, not wanting to make that impending turn. We allow our doubts, wonders and what-if's to build up rather than examining ourselves and taking them before our God. Simpler to stay in the dust, we find ourselves not moving forward. God, our Creator, fashioned each of us from dust. He molded us to rise up out of the dust and join Him. When we give ourselves daily to God, placing our dust at His feet, He brings us the Grace to pass faithfully from one bend to the next. Allow Him to enter into your home and clean every corner, bringing you the Grace to rise up with Him.

Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

No comments:

Post a Comment