Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 17 - Holy Spirit

Our God is good and always answers prayer; many times unexpected and in unconventional moments. This morning I resolutely questioned My Maker on how He expects me do everything that He has placed before me.  I whined, "I can't even get to work on time, and now I have to do this!?  I don't know how I can do it all." 

I did make it to work and popped into our school's assistant principal's office for a picture moment. She had several children surrounding her desk. As I stood there enjoying the moment, a first grader read a sentence from her paper: "The Holy Spirit helps me get to school on time." The child then locked her eyes on mine with a big smile.

I don't believe in coincidence. I believe in the Holy Spirit and I believe in answered prayer. I pray that I can have the innocence, purity and unyielding trust of a child to be strengthened in faith and enlightened in truth. Through Christ, I will be able to do all things.

 
But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. - John 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment