Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday, September 4 - Judgment

I'd like to say I'm not judgmental, but the truth reveals itself far too often. I'm the person that people groan at for messing up our social system. When I see a homeless person on the street I'm more inclined to stop and give him a granola out of my purse or, minimally, wish him a good day rather than slough by him due to his self-made misery. For, yes, he may be creating his own circumstances, whether by choice or habit, fear or assent, but pain is what brought him to this state, and I believe we should have compassion on that pain, not consider him as one.

Yet look back over my previous paragraph. Did I not just judge? My allusion to society groaning at me is a judgment toward my own peers. "They" don't help, but "I" do.  Even during an act of kindness, I have just judged others for not doing the same. What about their pain? What about their fears? They are real too.  Until we walk in the shoes of another, we can never, ever, relate.  Our Jesus relates. He took on human flesh. He walked the walk of pain daily in empathy toward others, compassionate, and purely non-judgmental. Let us not elevate ourselves above another. Let us openly embrace each other and help us become the best we each can be in every moment.




My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,
- Colossians 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment