Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday - September 10 - struggle

When I work hard for a cause, do I finish exhausted and spent, or do I feel elated and rejoice that I have contributed to goodness? Am I proud and boastful? Do I feel slighted if my name is not called out in lights? The light is not mine to command.  It is God's alone. The good that happens does not happen because of my actions, but because God has created this good. I am merely the instrument that was used to unfold this moment and God is the Glorious God who holds it. The best works I do in life are those when I hold the discipline to step out of the way, and let God be.


I am the Lord and there is not other, there is no God besides me. It is I who arm you, though you know me not, so that toward the rising and the setting of the sun men may know that there is none besides me. - Isaiah 45:5,6

No comments:

Post a Comment