Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 25 - Promise

Upholding a promise is not always that easy. When life is good, and the chores are simple, it can actually seem second nature to us; but put struggle in the path and dissention often sets in. In these moments we must go back to our mission, revisiting the vision and determination of our promise. The school I work for has a mission statement. I keep it framed on my wall. Whenever I find confusion in a path I am taking, I can glance over these words and reaffirm my purpose. God has given a mission for each of us. Direction and conviction are found in His Word: the abbreviated version, the Ten Commandments. Likewise, within this Word lies a vision, "to love the Lord our God above all things and our neighbor as ourself." When we find it hard to uphold a promise, when our direction becomes confused, or when the task at hand seems insurmountable, gaze into the Word of God and reaffirm your path. Within each promise, He brings inspiration and in this we will find the ability to stand firm in truth.


Whether it is pleasant or difficult, we will obey the command of the Lord, our God, to whom we are sending you, so that it will go well with us for obeying the command of the Lord, our God." - Jeremiah 42:6

No comments:

Post a Comment