Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day by Day: Tuesday - September 17 - Hope


I spend my day anticipating the next moment. In my car, I'm planning my work schedule. At work, I'm planning the meeting. In the meeting, my mind wanders to the piles on my desk. At my desk, I'm thinking of what to prepare for dinner. Anticipating and planning is good, this is how we get things done.  Without planning, there is no hope; and without hope, there is no gain. Yet as we contemplate on the next moment, remember the importance of this one. This moment, right now, is where God has you. The moment may be delightful. It may be challenging. However, it is your purpose to use this time wisely, so that the next moments can be blessed. Seek God within every moment, and the hope of tomorrow will be fulfilled.

I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” Psalm 16:2

No comments:

Post a Comment