Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - Life


I once coached a youth group through a program called "Odyssey of the Mind". We had team t-shirts that said, 'Eat, Sleep, Breath, OM'. The coaches' shirts had the word 'sleep' crossed out which gave every other team's coach a great giggle. They knew well the experience of cramming though the last hours before competition making certain all t's and i's are crossed and dotted. Every single point we could gather took us that much closer to winning and moving on to the next division. That was three decades ago. A lot has happened in my life since then. There are still those moments of cramming, still those lost hours of sleep, yet I would now like to change my t-shirt to say, 'Eat, Sleep, Breath, Pray'. For this is life. This is what it takes to bring us to victory. As I strive to keep Christ in my life in every aspect of every moment, the only real competition is between me and my choices. With Christ as my coach, I have already won. In order to shine, I have only to follow Him.

 

Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. - Psalm 130:7

No comments:

Post a Comment