Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday, February 7, 2013 - Whine


I catch myself doing this a lot: whining. It is not very flattering. I become annoyed listening to it in another. I've tried to justify this by saying, "I'm just stating an 'awe' moment. I'm amazed that I have the endurance to get through this." But, the truth be known, I'm whining. God places every moment in our lives for us to enjoy. Let me repeat that. We are to enjoy every moment. I've buried loved ones, endured great sickness, watched my children hurt. How can I enjoy that? Merriam-Webster defines enjoy as "to have for one's use, benefit, or lot". Dictionary.com states "to experience with joy". Our loving God surrounds us with His Grace. It is up to us to open our hearts and minds to find Him in the moment. God is our only source of joy. This truth just becomes more apparent in our pain and despair.  

 

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire. – Hebrews 12:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment